A home is not complete without the touch of an interior designer. This is an expert who has dealt with home design for long and they know which design and color matches with different personalities and rooms for different functions. The touch of an interior designer makes a room more habitable and more welcoming.
We believe interior design should reflect each client’s culture and communicate their values while meeting both their functional and aesthetic goals. Our projects range from company headquarters to international hotels to interiors for public institutions. Working in conjunction with MGA&D’s product designers, our interior designers often custom-design furniture and artwork that complement the character of the firm’s architecture and interiors.
We see planning as a vital part of the built landscape, a process that begins with the development of a hierarchical organization of spatial relationships between buildings and the surrounding built or natural context. Our master plans impart a distinct sense of community and place, while establishing a framework for current and future decisions. Throughout the world, we have created award-winning designs that are functional, efficient, site specific and sustainable.
Sourced from: http://michaelgraves.com/
Understanding The Home DIY Activities
After the major construction work has been done, you are now set to occupy your new home. There are activities that you can do by yourself to make your home more appealing like getting wall hangers and planting indoor plants. These are things that you do to make your home look better without hiring a firm to do it for you. Keep reading for more insights
Try these DIY tips to make home renovation and decoration easier.
1. Don’t waste water by washing paintbrushes and rollers in between coats. Instead, wrap tightly in plastic cling film and they will stay moist – even overnight.
2. Teasing a thread free and then pulling completely out from cotton and linen fabrics will create a straight line that you can follow to cut.
3. Fix a squeaky door by sprinkling talcum powder on the hinges. This also works for squeaky floorboards.
4. Use baby oil to remove paint from your skin.
5. Add two teaspoons of vanilla essence to one-and-a-half litres of paint to reduce overbearing paint smells.
6. Make threading a needle easier by squirting the thread with hairspray to make it stiff.
7. To remove old paint stains, soften with linseed oil and then wipe off. For tough stains, use a razor blade and scrape off.
8. Use double-sided tape to stop rugs from slipping.
What To Look Out For In A Property Finance Option
There are many lending institutions that offer mortgages today and it can be hard to settle for one. The key pointers to a good mortgage are the time you are going to pay your mortgage and the number of installments they offer. Calculate the total amount you will have paid at the end of the mortgage and decide if it is worth the investment.
Why do we invest in property?
- Wealth Creation
- Retirement Planning
- Capital growth
- Tax Benefits
Your goals might be long term, such as to fund an independent retirement, or short term, such as seeking capital growth during a housing boom. However investors should always look at their investments over the long term with a 7-10 year view if your strategy is to buy and hold.
Finance is equally as important as selecting the right property. In many cases it may even be more important. Why? The amount of property you can buy is determined by the amount of finance you can borrow. So if you don’t get your finance right then you may restrict your borrowing ability to create a large property portfolio. The rich get richer because they have better access to finance. Here are 10 finance tips for property investing.
Sourced from: http://advice.realestateview.com.au/buying/10-financial-tips-for-property-investors/