Adding shutters to your home is just easy without having to complicate any rules in using it. When it comes to hardware assistance, some shutters are mounted that have hinges and allows you to close and open the panel. Having to keep on opening the panels is called shutter dogs. Aside from this, did you know that shutters come with many rules to follow which sometimes led people to misuse a single shutter? For example, according to experts, windows can only have a shutter if it can close an entire window and protects the window as well.
Here are the following rules that you do not need to follow about shutters.
1. First-floor window shutter- according to some experts, adding shutters on the first floor is a good choice because it will look much better and safer. However, not all people are doing the same thing. For some people with shutters on the first floor in their houses, do not follow the same rule in applying for shutters. The shutter is designed for a particular function, and it should not curb. Furthermore, most people are into curb rather than using shutters.
2. Doing your shutters- few people want to make their style of shutters. However, not everyone understands the specifications of having shutters in your home. For the most part, the reason why some people add shutters is to make sure that stain colors are covered that can be seen from the windows.
3. Shutters visibility- it is believed that applying shutters can only be meant at the front windows, but experts say that it would be best as well to add shutters at the side windows especially if you live near the road. This depends on your preference. Some may have applied it, but for some reason, it is a bit off which makes it a little weird to look at.
4. Power washing- if you are planning to wash your house with chemicals to make the walls clean, it is important that you need to stain the areas of the windows again so that it will not look empty or bare.
5. Too small for the window- if you think that shutters should go way beyond the usual size of the window, then it is your choice whether you want a kind of shutter that is bigger or the exact size of the window. According to experts, it would be best to have a shutter for windows that is a little bit extended so as to cover any stains that are evident. Great read here
Now that you know about the rules not to follow about shutters, it is basically, your decision whether you want to have shutters on the sides of the house, or if you do not want shutters in front of your home. Keep in mind that shutters can be very handy especially with safety, security and your privacy is imperative too. If you have trouble deciding, it is much better to look around at your neighborhood how a house would look like with shutters before you make an action.